Canterbury SCL is an IANZ accredited medical diagnostic laboratory providing a range of pathology services for all general practitioners (GP), private specialists and midwives.
Canterbury SCL also provides commercial services for non-funded requests.
Our laboratory is highly automated and technically advanced, we deliver an outstanding service for patients and health professionals.
In addition to laboratory testing, we also provide:
- Collection Centre Network (12 sites across Canterbury)
- Courier Network
- Home Visit Service
- Fine Needle Aspirate (FNA) Clinics (by appointment only)
- Infection Control Support
- Paternity Testing and Illumiscreen Prenatal Testing (by appointment only)
We are proud of the positive impact our services have on the health and well-being of the greater Canterbury community.
We are committed to the future of pathology in New Zealand through excellence in technical, clinical, and service innovations.
As a member of the Healthscope group, Canterbury SCL operates under the following STAR values:
- We strive to provide the highest standard of health care
- We look for new opportunities/ways to improve our care and service
- We seek to understand and exceed expectations
Teamwork and Integrity
- Our workmates know they can rely on the team
- We are open and honest in all our communications with each other
- We embrace constructive feedback and recognise achievements
- We earn each others’ respect and receive it in return
- We look to the future, always ensuring that we have stable platforms from which to build
- Continuous learning and creativity are integral to our jobs and the success of our company
- We are proactive and innovative in response to new and emerging industry and community opportunities and needs
- We are accountable to our colleagues, our clients and stakeholders, our company and our shareholders
- Our decisions are made with a balanced focus on financial security and service excellence
- Services are delivered in a way that incorporates the principles of Treaty of Waitangi and acknowledges cultural diversity
People are the heart of our business; we are proud of our highly skilled and loyal workforce.
If you are interested in working with us and taking the first step into a rewarding career our latest vacancies can be found here: https://healthscopecareers.co.nz/Vacancies/